Overview: Prior to Release 8.10 Admin users had the ability to choose one of the following password security strength settings:
- Medium: The password must be between 5 and 30 characters long and must contain at least one digit.
- Strong: The password must be between 8 and 30 characters long with at least one number and one special character.
- Extra Strong: The password must be between 8 and 30 characters long and must contain at least two upper case letters, three lower case letters, two numbers, and a special character.
However, the Admin could not change the default settings defining the number of times a user could try to login without being locked out of the program. Nor, could the user define the length of time that the attempted logins occurred, and could not set the number of minutes the site would be locked for access is login attempts failed. These default settings are: 10 tries over 5 minutes results in access being locked for 15 minutes after last failed attempt. (NOTE: Financials users that also have Arena can make these changes in Arena if they have Admin access rights.) With Financials 8.10 and later, Financials Admins have access to change the the default password options.
Using New Control Settings in Release 8.10: Use the following steps to modify Password Login Security settings:
- From the Financials Opening screen hover over Utilities and choose Organization.
- Click the Security Settings button.
- Choose Password Strength using the pull down arrow on the Password Strength field.
- Enter the number of times a user is permitted to login before being locked out of the program in the Threshold Count field. (Options are 3 – 10)
- Enter the length of time before the program restarts counting number of attempts in the Threshold Minutes field. (Options are 1 – 15 minutes)
- Enter the length of time in minutes that the user will be locked out of the program. (Options are 1 or higher minutes) NOTE: You might want to use 10 minutes or greater for this field
- Click Update to save your settings.
Using the New Control Setting in Release 8.10.1: Use the following steps to lock or unlock a users access:
- From the Financials Opening screen, hover over Security Setup and choose Users
- Locate and edit a user’s record
- Notice the Lock checkbox
- Place a check mark to lock access at login attempt for the selected user
- Remove the check mark to allow user to login